If you’d like our help with any aspect of how to grow or start your new business in Suffolk, you can access free business support and advice from one of our Voluntary Enterprise Champions. These are successful and philanthropic entrepreneurs, with sector-specific knowledge and expertise that they are willing to share with start-ups in Suffolk, free of charge on a voluntary basis.
Each Voluntary Enterprise Champion brings a unique range of commercial expertise and skills from their sector, but all have professional experience of how to start a business, business planning, understanding the range of funding options and other helpful business start-up organisations.
A simple application process quickly matches the right Voluntary Enterprise Champion with your business. Get in touch to find out how a one-off meeting with a Voluntary Enterprise Champion can help you to identify and deal with any business issues, and help you gain the free advice that will help your new business to flourish.
StartUp Suffolk is also keen to hear from you if you have start-up expertise that you would like to share as a Voluntary Enterprise Champion. In particular, we’d welcome enquiries from potential Voluntary Enterprise Champions who have:
- Significant experience of establishing and growing a successful business of your own
- Sector-specific knowledge or contacts that you’re willing to share
- A philanthropic, open-minded attitude and a wish to help others succeed in their business
- Effective listening skills, able to analyse issues and trouble-shoot with pragmatism
- The willingness to work in a structured and safe way with our team and all our beneficiaries, by keeping the required records and working within our ethical professional framework
- The willingness to assess/signpost and refer people to other sources of help and expertise, as required
Send your CV to Tim Meadows-Smith and tell him about the skills/expertise you are willing to share and what interests you about this voluntary role.